Thu

Sep

2008

Music to the People - New music player online!

Often desired, long awaited and finally there: The new music player for your Jimdo Page is online! From now on you can enjoy your favorite music on your own Jimdo Page!

Our partner, online music player simfy makes it possible: From today on, every Jimdo user can use the simfy music player for his or her own website. Create as many playlists as you want to - you can upload your own music and you have access to the vast music library of simfy. This music library contains over 1 million songs - so it should be no problem if some songs are missing in your own collection. In that case, simfy's music library will provide you with the songs - and you can enjoy all titles legally and in full length!

That's how it works

As always - it's very easy! :)

• Login to your Jimdo Page and decide on which page you would like to integrate the music player. Then add a new element and choose "music player" (see image on the right side)
  • Next, the following view (see image below) appears. Since you didn't create any playlists yet the music player does not display any songs or playlists.
  • "Playlist Title" - name your playlist! :)
  • Think about the songs you would like to have in your playlist. Click on "Upload Music" if you have the songs stored in your own files on your computer.
  • You would rather like to search for some new songs in simfy's music library? Type in the title or the artist in "Find Songs" and simfy finds the songs for you.
  • You can activate "Autoplay" if the music should start automatically when somebody visits your site. If not, you can easily deactivate it again.
  • Later, when you have already created some playlists, you can click on "Select another playlist" to choose some other songs - and you can also create new playlists here.

And there's more behind it...

Edit the settings for your music player
Edit the settings for your music player

Under "Settings" > "Simfy Player" you can manage your playlists.

• Click "Create new playlist" to set up a new list, name it and choose the music for it.
  • Edit playlists: If you already created some playlists, they are shown one below the other under settings. Click on the playlist you would like to edit and
    • delete songs from the list
    • change the order of the songs
    • add more songs
    • delete the whole playlist
    • rename the playlist

Those who can't get enough of sharing or listening to music can think of signing up (for free!) for the music community of simfy. On simfy.de you can create your personal music library and fill it with your favorite music! Furthermore, you can share it with your friends on simfy and listen to their music - legally and for free!

And now - enjoy our little sample! Have fun with the new music player! MUSIC TO THE PEOPLE! YEAH! If you have any questions or comments - let us know, we're looking forward to reading them!

Comments: 30 (Discussion closed)

• #1

Kızılsungu® Defender (Friday, 12 September 2008 21:21)

Greetings Jimdo,

Your new music player application is not good for me. I use imeem music player. (www.imeem.com) You can see it on my home page at below. The code application is enough for me; but for new users, this new application is simple and good. However, we cannot edit the size of new music player. Secondly, there will be a big copyright problem if some users upload their songs these have copyright protection. I hope, there is a copyright protection of new music player application. Finally... I can't use my new music player. Probably, there is a minor trouble. :)

Best Regards

• JimdoBusiness
    #2

Matthias Henze (Sunday, 14 September 2008 01:17)

Hi Kızılsungu® Defender,

glad, you like the new application for our new users. What's the current problem you have to get it going?
    Thanks, Matthias

• #3

Kızılsungu® Defender (Sunday, 14 September 2008 15:19)

Hi Matt,

Ich konnte nicht gestartet werden das Lied.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse.

• JimdoBusiness
    #4

Matthias Henze (Sunday, 14 September 2008 21:28)

Hi Kızılsungu,

can you tell on which subpage so we can have a closer look at it? Would be great if you could send it to support@jimdo.com. Thanks!!

• #5

Kızılsungu® Defender (Sunday, 14 September 2008 21:44)

OK... I am adjusting and aligning now... Wait a second...

• #6

Kızılsungu® Defender (Sunday, 14 September 2008 22:01)

This is a sample image.

And this is my subpage: http://kizilsungurdefender.jimdo.com/yuocuk_guevenlii.php

By the way, you can call me as only "Kızıl". Kızılsungur means 'Rohrweihe' in German.

Upss... My music player start to play now... :P It is buffering slowly. But I can upload my songs rapidly. Interesting inverse ratio. :)

Anyway... Thanks for your attention again.

• JimdoBusiness
    #7

Matthias Henze (Tuesday, 16 September 2008 10:54)

great that it works :) Am gonna have a look at the speed anyway.

• #8

wobbly58 (Thursday, 18 September 2008 16:02)

Here goes chaps! Chocks away am taking that great leap forward into the world of web pages. This whole world is a total mystery to me but thre is nothing for it but to learn at the coalface. Orf we go squadron leader. Let's try and fly this crate and get it home safely.

• #9

Phil Butler (Friday, 19 September 2008 11:28)

Matthias you guys have come a long way - congrats! I sent you an email just a moment ago. I love the direction you guys are taking really. After testing something like 350 startups, yours always sticks out above so many. Please refer to this mail and I have a music aspect ..well I will show you. :) My best and keep up the fantastic work!

Always, Phil

• #10

captainjim (Friday, 19 September 2008 16:55)

Can't get the music to auto play. Can't even see the auto play button

• JimdoPro
    #11

Jolie Mack (Sunday, 21 September 2008 05:47)

Is it possible to have the player "play" the song even while navigating through my site? It would be great if the music would play continuously.

Other than that, I'm glad that you have added this gadget. Now all we need is a shopping cart...;) love you guys!

• JimdoPro
    #12

Jolie Mack (Sunday, 21 September 2008 06:15)

Okay, actually I am having some issues - but it might just be me!

I have managed to create one playlist but I can't seem to save any changes to (ie: rename, playlist reorder, etc.) I have managed to make another, but when the player is loaded onto the page, it defaults to my original playlist (won't let me choose the new one) AND doesn't show any of the changes I had previously made in Settings. What gives? Am I crazy? I have loaded the player on http://www.joliemack.com

Aswell, is the site visitor supposed to be able to click on the songs and change the tunes? Mine doesn't work that way.

And another: when I insert the player into my page, I have to navigate away from the page, then return in order to see the player to edit it.

Help yourself to fool around on my page if that's what you do. And again, it would be great if the player would just play continuously for the whole site as opposed to single pages. I don't ask for much. ha!

Forever a fan,

Jolie.

• #13

Pythontr (Wednesday, 24 September 2008 10:18)

Hi Jolie,

First of all, you aren't crazy. (= maybe a little... hehehehe I'm just kidding...

Anyway... There is no equalizer in new music player application. This is normal. 'Cause, most of music player applications have no EQ.

The navigation problem is all about new music player application? I see, when I enter your http://www.joliemack.com web site, I redirect to http://joliemackdesigns.jimdo.com/

I mean, did that problem start when you put the new music application on your Jimdo page?

By the way, your Jimdo page is marvellous!

Yours affectionately,

kızılsungur

• #14

laurito (Monday, 29 September 2008 14:10)

HI.
    I have a question... everything seems to be alright with the music player, but i cant find out have to change the songs while listening ??Is there a next button??
    Thank you.

• JimdoBusiness
    #15

Matthias Henze (Monday, 06 October 2008 05:30)

@laurito no, there isn't. Legally, it's a webradio and therefore it's not allowed to have a next button. Cheers, Matthias

• #16

thegoodlife (Monday, 20 October 2008 18:13)

hi! can you tell me why I cannot hear the john lennon song on on this page when I click on to listen? is there something about my pc that could be preventing this?
    thanks

• #17

lordbwelburn (Thursday, 08 January 2009 03:31)

how do I connect my simfy acc to jimdo? it's driving me f****ing crazy not having music! Help please!!!!!!!!!

• JimdoBusiness
    #18

lisaringen (Friday, 09 January 2009 12:51)

@lordbwelburn
    I assume you've read through our description... In order to solve your problem, please send us a message to support@jimdo.com and explain in detail, what is not working properly for you. Meanwhile, maybe you can find the answer here: http://simfy.com/
    Let us know if there is anything not explained clearly enough, we're always open for suggestions. :-)
    Take care,
    Lisa

• #19

chukka praveen (Saturday, 14 February 2009 18:06)

great job i like to listen the music online that to my fav...!

• #20

Angel (Sunday, 22 February 2009 17:18)

Ok... I have my playlist, but why can I select the music I want? I mean... I have to hear the musiks in order..........and I don't want that.....!

• JimdoBusiness
    #21

Powen (Monday, 23 February 2009 21:37)

Angel, that's because Simfy's player is technically streaming the songs like an internet radio station. You can could choose to "shuffle" the songs, but you still can't fast forward.

• #22

小帅 (Thursday, 28 May 2009 09:07)

Do you like Chinese music,do you like flash? You maybe like xiaotan's music site.

• JimdoPro
    #23

tokani (Wednesday, 03 February 2010 19:25)

simfy seems to be only in German and for Germany users?

I do not see an English button

• #24

lufthund (Thursday, 25 February 2010 14:14)

Moin,

Any idea when we will be able to get Simfy in the UK? is this something that will always be a problem with international rights agreements?

Danke.

• JimdoPro
    #25

misterandmrsjoneslivemusic (Monday, 04 October 2010 10:57)

Hi everybody.
    I am German but living in Spain. I would love to add music to my homepage but I don't see the "Musicplayer"-option at all. Is there a way to put music on my homepage? We are a music group so it would be a big help to do so. Many regards, Marion

• JimdoBusiness
    #26

Powen (Monday, 04 October 2010 15:58)

Marion,

Because of changes in Simfy's licensing agreements with the major music labels, the service is no longer available outside of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. I'd recommend you take a look at SoundCloud, MixPod, Grooveshark, or Deezer:

• #27

indierockmusic (Thursday, 27 January 2011 16:58)

Why i don't have the music player on my menu?

• JimdoBusiness
    #28

Powen (Tuesday, 01 February 2011 21:35)

hey, see the comment above - Simfy had to disable its music player for everyone outside of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.

• JimdoPro
    #29

aliaswebbdesign (Thursday, 09 February 2012 04:14)

... can anyone help me to understand why I can't find the "Musikplayer" addon in my list of elements available for my web site? This option is simply not showing actually???

Thanks

• JimdoBusiness
    #30

Powen (Friday, 10 February 2012 22:01)

aliaswebbdesign, did you read the comment right above? The music player element was only available in a few countries, and recently disabled everywhere.

Navigation