1. Make a separate page for each store itemIn order to get the most from your store, it's a good idea to create a unique page for each item that you are selling. This will help boost your SEO and give a unique URL to each item in your store. Start by editing your navigation to create a new page in your store area. Add your Store Item element to the new page.
2. Add additional elements to your item pagesIn addition to your Store Item element, you should add Text, Photo, and Video elements to these pages. This is a great place to put larger photos, instructional videos, and user reviews and testimonials. Make sure you enable the Pinterest feature on any additional Photo elements you place on the page as well as social media Share Buttons to help your customers spread the word.
3. Use tags and store catalogsYou can add tags to each Store Item element in the Text panel. These tags can be used to categorize your products. Once you have categories set up, you can make separate pages for each category and add a Store Catalog element to that page that is set to only display items from that category.
The Store Catalog element has three different display options including a simple slider. Play around with that along with the new style and spacing options.
4. Take advantage of the order export optionsDid you know that you can download a spreadsheet of all the orders that have been placed through your Jimdo store? Click the Store icon in the Site Admin, then click on the Order Archive tab and you will see an Export Orders link at the bottom of the window. Click this for several options to export your data into a CSV that can be opened in any spreadsheet software and many accounting packages.
Some users have used this to track very specific details like how much they charged their customers for shipping in the past month.
5. Include product variations to add flexibilityTraditionally, variations are used for store items with different size and color options, but you can be more creative by using this as a way to offer bulk packages or even expedited shipping options.
Want to sell 3 items for the price of 2 but can't find a way to do it? Try using variations. You can enable variations from the Price panel of any Store Item element. This will add a drop-down menu for that Store Item where your customers can choose different sizes, colors, quantities, and more. Each variation that you create can have its own description, price, inventory level, and item number.
Multi-talento at Jimdo
Brent Gummow has been building websites for small businesses, non-profits, artists, and educators for the past 17 years in both Ohio and California.
He currently serves as the Multi-talento in Jimdo's San Francisco office, solving problems, educating users, and helping to grow awareness about Jimdo, the easiest website builder on the web.