Want to see what made the list for the first half of the year? Check them out here.
- The Hottest Website Design Trends for Your Site: Explore some of the best design trends on the web right now, from "hero areas" to sliding sidebars. We'll also show you how to add these elements to your Jimdo website.
- A Comic's Guide to Website Design: Who knew that comedian Chelsea Peretti also has a knack for website design? Have some fun with her biggest website design pet peeves, taken from her hilarious podcast.
- Structure Your Content for a Better Website: Stuck on how to lay out your website content? Try using the "Cone Principle" on your homepage to help visitors quickly learn who you are, what you do, and how they can interact more with your site.
SEO and Analytics
- 5 Minute SEO Fixes: You may have been hesitant to delve into the "SEO" admin panel on your website. But by taking just a little bit of time to implement the right behind-the-scenes tags and descriptions, you'll improve your SEO by leaps and bounds. In fact, of the five main factors that influence on-page SEO, four of them can be dealt with in just a few minutes.
- Google Analytics 101: Get Started in 3 Steps: Ignoring analytics means ignoring one of the most powerful tools on your website, and missing a lot of information that could help boost your online presence. This post gives a step-by-step of how to set up your account, and how to start gathering the data you need.
- Improve Your Product Photography with a DIY Light Box: If you have an online store, the right product photos can really make a difference. Build your own light box and see a dramatic improvement in your photographs, even if you're just taking photos with a smartphone.
- 7 Reasons Online Shoppers Leave Your Store: Are shoppers browsing your online store, but leaving without making a purchase? Check out this post for solutions to common "cart abandonment" problems.
- 5 Tips for Designing a Fun Business Website: Business websites don't have to be boring. Use these tips to build a website that visitors will enjoy, and want to return to again and again.
- 7 Ways to Take Control of Your Business's Yelp Profile: Many small businesses have a love-hate relationship with Yelp. But the service is here to stay, and there are steps you can take to turn your Yelp profile to your advantage.
- 20 Widgets to Improve Your Website: Anyone can add a widget to their website—really! Here are twenty of our favorite website widgets you can start using today.
- Make Money Blogging: A Travel Blogger's Tips: Making money from a blog has never been easier. Travel writer Sabrina Iovino walks through eight strategies she's learned to monetize her blog while she travels full time.
As usual, we love hearing from you. Any topics you'd like to see more of as we head into the new year?
Content Editor at Jimdo
Maggie joined the team to craft the voice of Jimdo for all products and marketing channels. In her previous work, she edited for organizations covering the environment, cities, and sustainable business. When she's not adding serial commas, you can find her camping with her husband, cooking, and reading New Scientist.