At Jimdo, we give our users an easy-to-use (we have some enthusiastic users in their 70's) but powerful way to create their own websites. Highly flexible graphic elements (integrating your own designs is no problem), as well as the high quality display of photos, videos and text are Jimdo's strengths. Over 6 million users around the world are already building their own websites with Jimdo -- and we're looking forward to continued exponential growth in the future!
We are an agile, motivated team and have an unbelievable amount of fun, while simultaneously offering our users the best service available. Every team member is an expert in their field, and together we try to build the most awesome software possible. Working in our young but rapidly growing start-up offers you the freedom to realize your ideas, and the possibility to reach your potential! If you want to go home every night in a good mood, knowing that you've accomplished something that day, then get in touch with us!
The position is full-time and situated in our headquarters, in the wonderful city of Hamburg
What you'll be doing
- Design and prototype development of core components
- Implementing software design and code reviews
- Developing and applying best practices
- Analyzing and improving application efficiency, scalability, and stability
What we're looking for
What's most important to us is that you put your heart and soul into the job -- and that you really know your stuff.
- 6+ years of experience developing applications for the web
- Expert knowledge in at least one of these scripting languages: PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with design patterns and MVC would be great
- Good knowledge of network protocols
- Unix/Linux and shell
- An intuitive sense for the "big picture"
- Experience in scaling, ideally with distributed systems
- A deep love of Open Source
Think you might be who we're looking for?
Then please send your application (CV or résumé, sample code and/or links to projects) to Fridtjof.