The Jimdo Video Contest
Send in the best Jimdo video and win great prizes
Videos for Jimdo Users, by Jimdo Users
It’s much easier to show how to do things with a video. Has anyone ever helped you out with your JimdoPage? You can give back to the Jimdo community – by making a “how to” Jimdo video of your own. Show off your Jimdo skills to the world, help other users get their sites off the ground, and add to the community in one swoop. What's in it for me, you ask? Fame, naturally – and the eternal respect of your peers. And if that’s not enough, we’ve got loads of great prizes just waiting to be awarded to the best videos.
Here’s a sneak peek:
Count me in!
Everybody can take part in the Jimdo video contest. Here’s how:
1. Pick one of the nifty topic suggestions or choose your own
2. Make a video about it (here are some hints on making great videos)
3. Upload your video to YouTube
4. Add a description, and don't forget to tag your video
5. Read through the contest rules, fill out the entry form and send it off – that’s it!
Got it? All of it? Everything? Better safe than sorry: Download the checklist (PDF) and double-check that you’ve gotten everything squared away. Voilá! You’re ready to start making your video.
Ah, here’s where it gets tough: You can make a video about any topic relating to Jimdo or a specific Jimdo function. That’s right - anything. Here’s a few ideas to get your brain storming:
But what should my video be about?
- How to create a cool Jimdo website, in five minutes or less
- How to set up an online store with Jimdo
- SEO - Help people find your Jimdo website
- How to set up a blog on Jimdo
- How to move your website domain to Jimdo
- How to make a multilingual Jimdo website
- How to create custom forms for my website on Jimdo
- Jimdo – the greatest and easiest website builder in the world!
- How to design a great looking website on Jimdo
- Choose your own - for all Jimdo topics not listed
Something caught your fancy? Maybe you already have another idea? Either way – go for it, find your groove. Animation, stop motion, or a plain jane tutorial - the sky's the limit. If you're stuck for ideas, check out our topic page for suggestions. If you want to read up on various Jimdo functions, check out the Help page. Do keep one thing in mind, though – and this is important – your video title on YouTube has to be the same as what your video is about.
- The contest starts on May 16, 2011
- The deadline for videos to be sent in is June 30, 2011
- The voting period is from July 18 to July 24, 2011
- Winners will be announced on July 25, 2011
- Your video should have a resolution of at least 640x480 pixels, but the higher the resolution the better (we recommend 1280x720)
- Keep it short – no more than 5 minutes in length
- Your video title on YouTube must be the same as the topic you choose. If your video is called “How to set up an online store with Jimdo”, that’s what it should be about. This makes it easier for people to vote for your video, and helps users figure out what each video is about.
For videos about all other, unique Jimdo-related topics, choose a title that matches what the video is about.