Last year, Jimdo released our new Style Editor along with more than 30 modern, streamlined templates. It was our biggest product update yet. Since then, lots of Jimdo customers have upgraded to new templates to use all the newest designs and features.
But some of our customers are still using the old Jimdo—or should we say the “vintage” variety. It’s a nice option, but with nowhere near the functionality of the new version. Below we've got some reasons (and a contest!) that might convince you to make the switch.
Reasons you'll love the new Jimdo templates
Maybe you have a template you like and you want to stick with it. Or you just haven’t found the time to make the change. We get it—and rest assured that you can still keep your old template if you want to.
But, there are some definite perks to choosing a new template:
- Updated designs: The new templates look much better (always a plus) and follow the latest web design trends;
- Better for search engines: The new templates are structured to give your SEO a boost, so more visitors can find your website;
- New features: You’ll get access to all of our new features as they are released, including new photo galleries, slideshows, buttons, background images, full-width templates, dropdown menus, and more;
- Easier designing: You’ll get to use the new Style Editor, which is faster and more intuitive;
- More customization: You’ll have more options to customize the fonts, colors, and layout of your site.
Just a few examples of websites using our new templates are below:
How do I know if my template is new or old? If you signed up for Jimdo after August 2014, you’re automatically using a new template. If you’re not sure, it’s easy to check. Log in to your website and click on Templates in your Site Admin. This will open the Template Selector. The first thumbnail on the left will show your current template. If it’s named after a city like Chicago or Malaga, it’s new! If it’s called by a number like F4045 or P4240, it’s, well….how do we put this delicately? It’s old.
Ready to take the plunge? Here’s how to choose a new Jimdo template
To try out the new templates, go to Templates in your Site Admin. Choose a template you like and select Preview to see how it will look on your site. The change will only become public once you hit Save, so you can try out many different templates before choosing the one that’s right for you. More information on how to do this is in our Support Center.
To help you choose the right one for you, we recommend reading How to Pick the Perfect Template and looking through our Template Filter.