Beautiful, welcoming, easy to navigate...these words describe the city of Stockholm, and our new Stockholm template too!
We hope you had a chance to check out our new, responsive template update last week. Now, we’re really happy to add another rocking responsive template to the mix—meet Stockholm.
What makes Stockholm stand out?
- Flexible header area for background images: Stockholm gives you space for a huge, high-impact image on the homepage. Then, on other pages, the header image shrinks so there’s more space for your content.
- Fixed navigation: Stockholm’s top navigation bar is “sticky,” so it’s always visible as your visitors scroll down the page.
- Easy to read subnavigation with a breadcrumb menu: This template has dropdown menus and a breadcrumb trail so people can easily navigate to your subpages.
- Large Logo Area: If you have a logo you love, Stockholm is a great fit. Its large Logo Area means your logo has a chance to be front and center.
Our top-notch template designer Jill Heyer had this to say about Stockholm:
“I recommend Stockholm for anyone who wants to display a huge image on the first page. It’s a great template for showing off your work or portfolio, especially if you use the changing background feature. I can see it being used by artists and photographers, models, design agencies, or even skateboard and surf shops.”
3 design tips for the perfect look:
- Make sure you use high-quality images with this template. No cellphone shots or pictures with bad lighting.
- Stockholm has a very wide content area. This means it will look great with a large photo gallery cascading across the page. For text, use the Columns Element to keep your paragraphs shorter and easier to read.
- Stockholm has a pretty narrow navigation menu. This means you should keep it to one line. If you find that you have too many menu items that your navigation is breaking into two lines, see if you can eliminate some pages.
Ready to try this new look? Great! Just log in to your Jimdo website, click on Templates in your Site Admin, and scroll through to Stockholm from the alphabetical list. You’ll see a preview of how the template will look on your website.
Remember, you can always customize the fonts, colors, and other design settings to get the exact look you want!
Content Editor at Jimdo