Wow—another year is almost over, where did 2019 go? Here at Jimdo, it’s been a busy one. We launched the easiest way to build an online shop, reinvented our Boost app, brought you Business Listings and the Legal Text Generator, alongside lots of other new features to help your website and your business grow. And we couldn’t have done it without all of you—our inspiring Jimdo customers. Thanks for using Jimdo and here’s to 2020, may it be your best year yet!
Here’s a rundown of our most popular posts and useful articles from 2019.
- Create Your Website Plan in 4 Easy Steps: “Fail to plan and you plan to fail.” Okay, maybe that’s a bit strong—but a few simple steps can save you loads of time in the website creation process and help you build a site that your customers will love. From brainstorming ideas to creating a simple outline of pages, here’s how to answer the important questions before you start.
- How to Optimize Your Content with a Website Audit: Every self-employed person knows that finding time to work on your own website can be hard. So spend your time where it counts! Website audits help you monitor your progress, keep up with essential maintenance, and find ways to improve your content. In this guide, we show you how to audit your website and keep your site performing at its best.
- 5 Jimdo Websites with Awesome Video Headers: Fancy boosting your conversion rate by 35% in 2020? Customers are more likely to click through on websites that use video. Now you can grab their attention right away with a captivating video header on your homepage. Get inspired with these five awesome examples from the Spiellbergs of the Jimdo community.
- 5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Website Accessibility: When you visit a brick and mortar store, there are certain things you expect to find: a sign that’s easy to read, a window showing what’s on offer, a door that’s wide enough for strollers and wheelchairs. But do you think about your website in the same way? In this guide, we show you how to make sure your website is user-friendly for everyone who visits.
- How to Analyze a Competitor’s Website for Free: When you’re self-employed, keeping an eye on your competition is even more important. Don’t worry, we’re not endorsing corporate espionage—just a little online research! Analyzing your competitors’ websites can help you come up with new content ideas, see what deals they’re offering, and compare your strategies. And with these tips, it doesn’t have to cost you a thing!
- How to Promote Your Business on Instagram: In 2019, Instagram reached over 1 billion active users every month. Why should you care? Because over 90% of their users follow at least one business profile. So if you’re not promoting your company on the platform, you’re missing out on customers! Learn how to get your business noticed on Instagram with our best tips and trends from 2019.
- Freelance Rates: Are You Charging Enough?: “Charge what you’re worth!” But what exactly does that mean? If you’re thinking about kicking off your freelance career this year or if you’re already self-employed and want to see how your pricing compares—we’ve got you covered. Read our no-nonsense guide on how to set freelance rates that work for you and your clients.
- 7 Discount Strategies to Boost Your Sales: Black Friday Deals, January Sales, Summer Extravaganzas…Today customers are spoiled when it comes to promotions and let’s be honest, we all love a bargain! But working out how and when to use discounts in your online shop can be tricky. Learn how to build a discount strategy and boost your sales in 2020 with these tips.
- How to Write Great Product Descriptions for Your Online Store: Snap a product photo, upload it to your store, and you’re ready to sell! It’s never been easier to start selling online, but writing engaging product descriptions that convince customers to buy takes a bit more thought. Get inspired by the product-copy masters and learn how to make your own descriptions shine!
- New EU Regulation for Online Shops Explained: PSD2 and SCA: In September 2019, the EU brought in new rules for online shops. It’s called the Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and aims to create fairer competition between traditional banks and modern payment service providers like Stripe and PayPal. If you have a Jimdo Shop, you can rest easy—you’re already covered! Learn more in this post.