We love the end of the year—not just because of the baked goods and long weekends, but because of all the montages, highlights, and best-of lists posted around the web. In that spirit, here’s our own list of the 10 most popular posts of the year. Website hacks, design tips, and new features—these are the pieces that caught your eye in 2016. Any topics you’d like to see more of in 2017? Let us know in the comments.
- Get Designer Results from a DIY Website Builder: Building a website isn’t just for the pros anymore—but there are some tricks of the trade that designers use to take a website from good to great. How many of these do you use on your own website?
- 3 Web Design Principles Every Beginner Should Know: If you’re new to building websites, you might not know quite where to start. Here’s a Design 101 on the basic principles that will help your most important information stand out.
- How to Design the Perfect One-Page Website: As far as web design trends go, one-page websites are here to stay. Here’s how to know if a one-page website is right for you, and how to take the first steps to set one up.
- How to Build a Multilingual Website with Examples: Jimdo users are a multicultural and multilingual bunch, and one of the most common questions we get is about multilingual websites. This post shows the different ways to create a website in different languages, with examples from awesome Jimdo websites already doing it! Then, go deeper with our multilingual website design tips.
- 8 Website Shortcuts for Busy People: You may be a part-time website builder but you’re probably a full-time something else, which means that….well, you’re busy! Here are some of our best hacks to save you time on setting up pages, choosing colors and fonts, finding photographs, and more.
- How to Get Google to Notice Your Website: Feeling left out of Google’s search results? Frank from our Support Team walks you through how search engines work and how to get your website the attention it deserves.
- 20 More Website Widgets We Love: It’s a truth universally acknowledged that Jimdo users love widgets—and we love sharing all the new ones out there that will add even more functionality to your website. Check out some of these favorites, and see our original list here.
New Jimdo Features
- Stockholm Template Makes Your Photos Look “Fantastiskt!”: Our Stockholm template came out with a bang this summer and has quickly become one of our users’ favorites. See why photographers, freelancers, and online stores are all loving this new template. (Fun fact: Did you know that Jimdo is now available in Swedish too?)
- New Mobile Responsive Templates: If you’ve ever spent time trying to navigate a website on a tiny screen, squinting and accidentally hitting the wrong buttons, then this update is for you. Now every single Jimdo template is mobile responsive, from Amsterdam to Zurich.
- Get a Picture Perfect Website with Our New Image Editor: This year we added the powerful Adobe Creative SDK Image Editor to Jimdo, so now you can edit, crop, and enhance images…all without leaving your site!