Senior Data Scientist m/w
Are you a Data Scientist?
Where others see lines, you see graphs and diagrams. You mission as a Big Data Scientist is to develop the product and marketing with data. Artificial Intelligence is more than just science fiction for you and love you love to teach a machine new tricks. You have experience with digital software products in different companies. We can’t wait for you to share your skills with us.
What to expect:
You’ll be part of Jimdo’s Data Team. Yep, we use data science and work with Big Data Tools but what’s even more important are the goals that we want to achieve. We want Jimdo to be data-driven and use data to make our platform even more awesome. This will involve the following tasks:
- Planning and implementation of complex data mining and machine learning projects.
- Development of forecasting models, Recommender Engines and hypothesis-testing designs.
- Innovative improvements to current data analysis methods.
- Knowledge transfer and training of other colleagues.
- Work closely together with a variety of teams e.g. store, online-marketing.
What you have:
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, business mathematics or a comparable degree with a quantitative focus (Master or PhD).
- Excellent knowledge in the area of multivariate analysis.
- Experience in creating and applying predictive models and segmentation systems.
- Expert knowledge of programming or script languages for analysis (R, Python, Java, Octave, Matlab or SAS).
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Practical experience with Bayesian analysis and MCMC methods.
- Very good knowledge of current developments in Data Science and Big Data.
- Keen to work within an innovative and flexible analytics infrastructure (AWS EC2, S3, RDS and Redshift).
- Awesome communication skills, and a high level of initiative and creativity.
- Always looking at the “bigger picture”, goal-focused, and with a pragmatic approach to tasks.