User information on the use of generative artificial intelligence at Jimdo.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is already leading profound change today, transforming the way we work. AI has the potential to take your business to the next level and significantly accelerate what you can achieve as a self-employed and small business.
So at Jimdo, we're committed to helping our customers responsibly leverage this rapidly changing technology landscape. We believe AI can empower you to achieve what you couldn't on your own.
That's why we're excited to help self-employed individuals and micro-businesses reach their full potential with our new "AI Text Generator". From now on, you'll be able to use Jimdo's built-in ChatGPT feature of OpenAI to create website texts in seconds that are tailored to your exact situation and needs.
What is Generative AI?
Generative AI describes algorithms that generate new output based on a user's input. This can include text, images, recordings, videos, and various other forms of media.
In most cases, these systems work by pulling information from a vast database with which they were initially populated with and rearranging that information to produce an entirely new, often highly creative, output based on the user's query at hand. Generative AI thus falls into the broad area of machine learning, which involves processing large amounts of data in image or text form to create content.
How can you use Generative AI on Jimdo to improve your content?
If you're unsure about what to write about your business or yourself on your website, or if you just want to improve existing text, you can now use our new AI Text Generator. Just click "Change Text" on the text block of your website you want to change, fill out the questionnaire and new text options will be created that match your specific needs. Choose the text you like best and improve the quality of your texts in seconds!
Instructions for using the AI tools
Please note the following usage tips when using Jimdo's generative AI tools:
- Jimdo assumes no responsibility or liability for generated output or its publication or other use.
- When entering input into the interfaces to AI, as well as when using the output generated by AI for a website, the Jimdo Community Standards apply and must be followed at all times. Please ensure that you do not enter any prompts or content that violates this or any legal requirements.
- In addition, you agree to comply with the Community Standards or Usage Policies of the respective AI providers: When using our AI Text Generator powered by ChatGPT, their Usage Policies apply.
- Please make sure that you have all rights to the content you enter into the AI interface and that no third party rights are violated by the input.
- AI may output content that infringes copyright or other rights of third parties. Please be aware of this risk and do not use any input that may infringe the copyright of others.
- AI may at times output factually incorrect, inappropriate, biased or even inappropriate content. AI's output suggestions are not controlled by humans and therefore should always be manually reviewed by you before publishing.
- AI tools are not suitable for legal, financial or business advice. Therefore, please do not try to use them as such.
Privacy & Data Security Notice
Jimdo ensures that AI functions are used in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. To this end, we would like to provide you with some further information in accordance with Art. 13 GDPR:
- Purpose of processing: the data you enter in the text fields (input) is used by the AI tool to generate new content (output) based on a predefined instruction received by the AI tool (prompt), e.g. to improve your "About Me" page. Your data will not be used for training or optimization purposes of the AI tool.
- Categories of data: For the purpose of processing, the categories of data you enter are processed, i.e. contact details, (business) names, locations or other categories of data. If you do not wish to provide personal data to the AI Tool, make sure that you do not enter such information in the respective free text field.
- Legal basis: the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR; the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party and/or for taking action upon your prior request to enter into a contract. You can choose to use certain types of our services without generative AI - you are not required to use AI tools with Jimdo and you will not be at a disadvantage if you do not choose this option.
- External providers of AI tools: Jimdo shares your data with the respective AI tool providers that you use and with whom Jimdo has entered into order processing agreements and EU standard contractual clauses, provided that the AI tool provider is located in a country outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. For the conclusion of EU standard contractual clauses, required risk assessments (e.g., transfer impact assessments) were conducted in advance to ensure an adequate level of data protection. Jimdo also regularly conducts data protection impact assessments and audits to comply with applicable data protection laws, regulations and standards and to mitigate any data protection risks or issues promptly and effectively. In addition, please also read OpenAI's privacy notice to learn more about how OpenAI processes your data.
- A request to delete your data from OpenAI can be made using this form.