Just like creating an album, it takes a lot of creativity and time to perfect your band’s website. One of the most important parts is, of course, your music.
Your music is likely on multiple platforms from SoundCloud to BandCamp to Spotify. You can upload music to your site however you prefer, but in this post we’ll focus on how to embed a Spotify playlist to your website.
Option 1: Grabbing the code from Spotify
- Open up your Spotify account and find your band’s music.
- Click on the album or playlist you want to share.
- Click on the icon with the three dots “…” > “Share” and choose “Copy Embed Code.”
- Return to your site and paste the code for your Spotify iframe into a Widget/HTML element.
- Press Save and you’re done!
What does copy embed code mean?
‘Copy embed code’ means to take a piece of HTML code and put it on your own website. You do this if you’re trying to embed a playlist, video, or other third-party widget into your website. Don’t worry, you don’t need to know how to code to do this. You just need to copy and paste some text.
How does it work? A site like Spotify or YouTube gives you some embed code customized with the playlist or video you want. Click a button to copy the code automatically to your computer’s clipboard, or highlight the code with your mouse and copy it like you do with normal text. Then paste it into the right part of your website.
Learn how to start your own website today!
Option 2: Adding a Spotify playlist without code
With some websites, you can just paste in a link to the Spotify track or playlist you want, instead of copying code. These steps work with Jimdo Dolphin:
- Go to the Spotify music you’d like to share and click on the icon with the three dots “…”
- Select Share > Copy Link. The link is now copied to your computer clipboard.
- Now back on your web page, click the (+) sign and add a Music Block.
- Click on the musical note button in your new Music Block and paste in the link from Spotify.
- Press the green check mark to save.
Where to embed a Spotify playlist on your website
You should have a page of your website dedicated to sharing your band’s music. Most band websites simply call this page “Music.” You don’t have to put your music right on your homepage, but if you are promoting a new single or have a nice video of your band performing it can be a nice touch to add it there.
You can also copy the embed code for individual songs by clicking on the three dots icon “…”, which you can see by scrolling over songs on your Spotify playlist. This can be helpful if you want to promote one of your songs on your homepage.
For even more information on adding music from Spotify on to your website check out Spotify’s support page. Also check out the 7 Best Places to Upload Your Music Online for Free.