When it comes to creating a beautiful website, it pays to spend some time on how your images can boost your website performance. For example, are your images displayed in the right format to help your website goals? And are you using the best options to improve your SEO?
We’ll go over a few tricks and features you can use to really get the most out of your images and online presence. And the best part? You can do it all without leaving your Jimdo website!
1. Highlight your star photos
If you’re already using your website to share a portfolio of photos, then you’ll definitely know about the Gallery block. And now you can highlight your best brand photos too, with the new Slideshow blocks.
It’s easy! Just choose between 3 – 5 of the photos that best represent your business or can help you achieve specific website goals and add them in a Slideshow. This will focus your visitor’s attention on your main message.
It’s a good idea is to use the “show and tell” principle here. When adding photos to your slideshow, it’s always useful to include a line of description text to help guide your visitor or give them a brief explanation. Remember to add a call-to-action (CTA) to direct them to the page you want them to visit next or to take an action on your website.
And there are more advantages to using a Slideshow block than just a pretty website:
- You can add more call-to-action buttons. A Slideshow block lets you include multiple CTAs above the fold (meaning the user doesn’t have to scroll down to see it). The slideshow also takes them to a specific page with detailed information, and it’s always good to have a page linked on the homepage for SEO reasons.
- You engage with visitors. When visitors’ see a slideshow they usually hang around to watch all the slides. This adds to the time a visitor spends on the site and adds an interactive element that encourages them to click through your images. (Of course, they always have the option to just sit back and watch them roll by).
- You can improve your SEO. When a user stays on your website for longer, this tells the search engines that your content is interesting. Which means that aside from captivating your audience and looking professional, your slideshow could help you rank higher on Google too!
- You’ll create a better user experience (UX). A clean, beautiful slideshow gives the eye a break from too much information. Instead of explaining your service using a chunk of text, choose a few images that can capture the essence of what you want to say. Then accompany it with a line or two of text.
Add multiple images or videos along with text and buttons in different slides. Then switch the Autoplay on/off from Block Design. Just Publish or use Preview mode to see the full effect!.
Tip: Remember to add alt text to your photos. This will help the Google crawlers to read and rank your image.
2. Add all your images with just a click
You’ve finished your new project, have all the beautiful shots of your new product ready and can’t wait to show them off on your website? Nice work! And there’s no reason to slow down now because with the multiple image upload feature you can have those photos online in no time!
With our nifty Add item feature (see the + sign) you can easily upload multiple images to your Image Library in one click. Then select multiple images to add to a Columns, List or Image block.
You may already have a good few images you want to upload. Otherwise, there’s always stock images here or in our Image Library to help fill in the gaps.
3. Make your website iconic
Icons help visitors navigate your website. So why not use the Zoom Out function to get perfect icons? A simple telephone icon can make it much easier for a visitor to call your business instantly. And an icon of a shopping cart will get customers to checkout and make a purchase even faster.
Here are some more ways that icons can benefit your website:
- They’re instantly recognizable. If a new visitor comes to your site, icons will allow them to quickly scan and absorb your content.
- They look great. It’s no secret that visuals improve the overall design of your website. Icons make your pages more visually appealing and help with readability in the same way line breaks do.
- They’re universally understood. No matter what language your website is in, icons are recognized worldwide.
It’s good to keep in mind that although websites have been evolving for years, icons and placement haven’t changed much. The back button is always in the top left corner, contact info is typically at the bottom, etc. That’s where we’ve been trained to look. So don’t feel like you have to reinvent the wheel. It’s best to keep them in the same place. For more icon tips, take a look here.
4. Get professional photos straight from your website
When you’re starting out you may not have any professional photos that represent your business yet. After all, you’ve just come up with your great idea. That’s why we’ve got you covered! You’ll find a secret stash of beautiful images in our Image Library to give you a head start. We have a huge selection of photos from every industry to match your chosen topic.
And the best part? You don’t need to browse through all those different image platforms to find what you need. We’re constantly adding new images to our Image Library to match your business. So save time by checking out our Image library before going through all those stock photo platforms.
Tip: Want to create a consistent visual look throughout your website? Use the same Image Filters to match your own photos with any stock images to achieve the uniform look you want.
5. Keep a consistent design with zero effort
You’ve spent some time tweaking a page and getting it looking absolutely perfect. So why waste time doing the same thing all over again? Chances are you’ll be sticking to a similar design so just Duplicate the page, then all you have to do is just edit the text and replace the images. Tada!
6. Boost confidence with a favicon
When you create a website, one of your main challenges as a business owner is to build trust and reassure customers that you’re a professional business. How do we do this? That’s where “trust signals” like your favicon come in. A favicon that matches your company brand reassures your visitor that they’ve come to the right place.
Another advantage of a favicon is that it helps you stand out from your competitors in a sea of open tabs. And the best part? It only takes 2 minutes of your time to upload. Here’s how you create your free page!
Do you have any image tips or features you’d recommend or would like to see? Let us know in the comments.