Time flies when you're building websites! It's become our tradition to round up our most popular blog posts every six months, and here's our latest summer edition. With tons of new features, web design strategies, and tips to promote your site, there's plenty here to help out every kind of website.
Planning your website
- Anatomy of a Professional Website: Have a homepage that looks like a jumble? This infographic will help you sort it all out. It breaks down the different parts of a business website and shows you how you can create these different elements on your own site. The result? A clear, easy-to-navigate, and pleasant website experience that customers will love.
- 3 Questions That Will Create a Better Website: Just getting started with your website? Before you dive in, answering these three questions will steer your website in the right direction and make designing it much easier.
- 10 Things I’ve Learned from Blogging for My Small Business: Thinking about including a blog on your website but not sure how to get started or whether you can find the time? Jimdo customer Jane Douglas-Jones talks about her own experience with blogging and shares her tricks of the trade that can help make your own business blog a success.
- 3 Free Marketing Tools for Your Website: The gang from Website Tool Tester does a lot of testing. They’ve put together three favorite free tools you can use to install your own pop-ups, welcome bars, and surveys to get to know your audience even better. Best of all, they include a video tutorial of how to set up each one on your Jimdo site.
- Website Bounce Rate: How to Keep Visitors from Leaving: Are your visitors heading for the exit too soon? Never fear—there are easy steps you can take to make your website more fun to hang around on, and lower your bounce rate overall.
- Is Your Website Stuck in the 90s? We all know the signs. Outdated colors, weird fonts, and maybe a few too many animated gifs? Websites have come a long way since the 90’s, and with these tips you can make sure your own website has evolved into the modern era.
- Common UX Mistakes and How to Fix Them: If you go to a website and find everything you need quickly and efficiently, without a lot of fuss, that’s a good user experience (UX). If you visit a website and aren’t sure where to click, or you get stuck somewhere and can’t find what you’re looking for, that’s a bad user experience. This post covers how to avoid some common UX mistakes that designers, developers, and DIY’ers alike all run into.
- Get Inspired by These Winning Jimdo Designs: Love browsing through awesome Jimdo sites? Take a look at the winners of our 99designs designer certification contests to see some of the cools things you can accomplish with a Jimdo template.
- New Photo Galleries: No more tiny thumbnails or uncomfortable cropping. With our new Photo Gallery views, all your images will fit seamlessly together. Check out the three new photo views and learn more about how to use these galleries on your own site. Horizontal, vertical, or slider: which one is your favorite?
- Meet Our New Jimdo Templates: We introduced five new templates that are great for businesses, online stores, portfolios, or personal websites. See examples and hear straight from our designers what they like about each one and how you can use it best.
We always love to hear from you. Any topics you're hankering to see more of? Or any that you've found really helpful so far? Let us know in the comments.