Are you wondering what the upcoming changes to the Jimdo terms of service are all about? To put it simply, everything will be clearer and easier to understand, and you don’t need to do anything in order to agree to the new terms of service. In this FAQ, we’ll explain why we’ve made changes and answer your most important questions. Let’s go!
If you have more questions after reading this FAQ, get in touch with our Support Team.
Why have we changed our terms of service?
We want our terms of service to be easy for everyone to read and understand. We’ve shortened, streamlined, and simplified our terms of service, so you can find the information you need straight away.
What are the advantages?
We’ve optimized three aspects of our terms of service in particular:
- We’ve significantly condensed our terms of service so that they’re easier to read and understand.
- The terms for all Jimdo products (Logo Creator, domain, statistics, business listings, etc.) are now altogether in one main document.
- New Jimdo users no longer have to sign the data processing contract and send it to Jimdo, as it can be accepted along with the terms of service.
What will change for you as a Jimdo user?
In short, nothing will change for you as a Jimdo user. Your contract stays the same and you can use our products and features as usual. So, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to accept our new terms of service.
What are the main changes?
- Our terms of service have been fully revised and streamlined.
- The terms of service for the various Jimdo products (Logo Creator, domain, statistics, business listings, etc.) all now come under one link.
- There are separate privacy policies for visitors to jimdo.com and for Jimdo users.
- The privacy policies are now easier to understand, as unnecessary details have been removed.
- Our data processing contract has been considerably shortened, and can now be accepted along with the Jimdo terms of service. You no longer need to sign the data processing contract and send it to Jimdo in the mail.