It's that time of year again when we put up the string lights, overeat the office candy...and round up our favorite post from the past six months, of course!
There's a lot to cover here on the blog, but these posts have risen to the top as our readers' favorites. Which ones are yours?
- How to Pick the Perfect Template for your Website: The ultimate guide to choosing the template that’s right for you. Whether you want a blog, an online store, or a multilingual website, this post will walk you through the different options. (For even more template tips, we also recommend checking out How to Use a Template with a Left or Right Sidebar).
- Jimdo Websites using the Barcelona Template: Are you looking for a template that’s just right for a portfolio or online store? Get ideas from these 10 real-life Jimdo websites that are using Barcelona, one of our favorite templates. (Love seeing other Jimdo websites? Check out similar posts for the Rio de Janeiro template and the Zurich template.)
Advanced Jimdo Features
- Starting a Blog with Jimdo: We all know that blogging can be one of the best ways to drive traffic to your website. Our Mutli-talento Brent shares his secrets for setting up a Jimdo blog in no time -- from writing the posts to creating your blog roll. Oh, and best of all, this post is in two parts.
- Improve Your Online Store with Product Pages: What’s the secret to many of Jimdo’s successful online stores? They’ve created really great product pages full of info about each item. If you’ve just been using Store Item Elements and want to take your online store to the next level, this post is for you.
- How to Optimize Images for Better Design and SEO: Don’t know your file size from your resolution, or your JPGs from your PNGs? This primer will walk you through everything you need to know about prepping your photographs for your website. Best of all, following these steps will also give your SEO a boost!
- Got 5 Minutes? Try These Easy Website Improvements: Sometimes we have a whole weekend to dedicate to working on our websites. Other times...not so much. Here are some ideas for small but important fixes you can make to your website when you have just a few minutes to spare.
- Find the Perfect Google Font Combinations: With over 600 Google Web Fonts to choose from, where to begin? These tips will help you start selecting the fonts you need for your website, and even direct you to websites that make great suggestions. You’ll be font matchmaking in no time.
- 5 Free Resources to Help Build Your Website: Wait, did you say free? You bet—from images to widgets to icons, here are some of our favorite places to get goodies for your website. They’re easy to add to your site, and the price is certainly right.
- How to Set Up All Your Social Media Profiles in One Day: You’ve built your website -- great! Now what about your social media channels? From Facebook to Google+, Twitter to Pinterest, this post will walk you through how to set up your accounts and give you ideas for how to use each one.
- Free Social Media Icons: Are you looking for social media icons that match your site’s colors and brand? We’ve got a list of some of the best places to find free designer icons—and instructions for how to install them on your Jimdo site.
Any other topics you'd like to see more of? We'd love to hear from you in the comments. And happy new year!