The best lifestyle blogs start here. See our examples:
How to start your own blog
Become a successful blogger in 6 steps!
- Brainstorm a list of topics that you want to write about - aim for one post per week to start.
- Write a draft of your post and be sure to add photos and social media buttons.
- Set a clear, short title that will help search engines understand what your post is about.
- Choose a few relevant tags and categories for your post - you don't need many, though.
- Publish your blog post, and be sure to share it on social media or via an email newsletter.
- Rinse and repeat! The more you practice your writing, the better your posts will be.
Choose a lifestyle blog topic that’s right for you:
Living & DIY Blog
Inspire others with your own home design ideas, renovations, landscaping designs, arts and crafts. Wouldn't be nice to see your creative ideas being shared in the web?
Share funny stories, achievements and tips on parenting, how to maintain healthy family relationships, or even your wonderful pregnancy experience.
If you love to cook or just love to eat, share your recipes, food adventures, and beautiful food photography with a food blog.
Planning a trip or already on the go—a travel blog will help you keep in touch, capture memories, and find new friends along the way. Learn more
Write beauty tutorials, reviews, or keep tabs on your favorite ideas and products with a beauty blog.
Start a fashion blog that’s tailored just to you. With our modern designs and beautiful photo galleries, you’ll always be right on trend. Learn more
Lifestyle Blog FAQ
Questions before buying?
How do I to become a lifestyle blogger?
On the plus side, you don’t need to be famous or have a certain background to become a lifestyle blogger. But it does help to have a little patience. Building an audience for your blog takes time, and people don’t typically become successful lifestyle bloggers overnight. The best way to practice is to post articles consistently, add new content on a regular basis, and share it on social media so that readers are encouraged to return.
What makes a lifestyle blogger successful?
The best lifestyle bloggers are trendsetters and have an eye for new ideas. They can usually find something interesting and fun in everyday life. By talking about issues their audiences care about in an honest and engaging way, they become trustworthy sources of information. They typically focus on a particular topic, rather than trying to write about all sorts of different topics. They write consistently, and use social media, networking events, and other blogs to grow their audience over time.
What do lifestyle bloggers write about?
Lifestyle bloggers typically focus on themes like fashion, beauty, food, decor, or travel. Some focus on only one subject, while others cover more than one. Lifestyle bloggers usually write about new trends and products. They give advice and opinions, hunt for new ideas to feature, or they write about their own unique adventures in a way that inspires their readers.
How are lifestyle blogs different from personal blogs?
It’s easy to confuse a lifestyle blog and a personal blog, since both are about life, right? Well, there are some differences. A personal blog might be a place where you share your stories or your day to day thoughts, sort of like a journal. A lifestyle blog tends to be less about your personal life and more about your larger interests. One way to think about it is that lifestyle blogs are more similar to magazines than they are to diaries.
How do lifestyle bloggers make money?
There are lots of different ways for a lifestyle blogger to earn money blogging:
- Growing the audience: The more readers you have, the easier it will be to make money from your blog. So writing good posts and building your audience should be your top priority.
- Affiliate marketing: You earn money by referring readers to other websites.
- Selling ads directly on the website that are either pay-per-view or pay-per-click, write sponsored posts, or sell ebooks or other products through their blog. For more details and tips, check out our post on how to make money blogging: https://www.jimdo.com/blog/make-money-blogging-travel-bloggers-tips/