Make Money Freelancing
Why do you need a freelance website?
- Promote your freelance services to more clients online.
- Get recognized with smart design features to build your brand.
- Save on fees charged by freelance platforms—set your own rates!
- Help new clients find you on Google with automatic SEO.
- Attract high-paying clients with a professional portfolio.
Everything you need
What should your website include?
- About Me page - show your personality and USP
- Services - explain how you can help
- Portfolio - present your best work
- Testimonials - build trust with customer reviews
- Credentials - list your experience and qualifications
- Contact info - make it easy for people to book your services
Creative freelance websites packed with features
Find a freelancer
Let the freelance gigs come to you!
Dazzle clients with your content
For digital nomads
Edit your website anywhere, anytime
Freelancer website examples and ideas
Want to know more?
Freelancer website FAQ
Does every freelancer need a website?
Yes! Especially now that the freelance marketplace is growing fast. A professional website will show prospective clients that you’re serious about your business—and theirs. Clients are used to researching online before they decide on a freelance artist, designer, or writer to work with. And with so many freelance hiring websites out there, it’s important to stand out if you want to build your business online.
With your own website, you can showcase your results, set your own rates, and use our smart design features—like color schemes and font pairings—to build a professional brand that people will remember.
Will a freelance website save me time?
Yes, definitely! You’ll spend less time searching on freelance work websites when you have your own site. Whether you’re just starting out or already working as a freelance consultant, pitching on freelance jobs websites, and emailing companies can be a drag.
With our smart freelance website builder, you can present your portfolio, list your services, and share your expertise—all in one place! Then use our automatic SEO feature to help more clients find you on Google so they can book your services.
How do I make my website look professional?
With Jimdo there are lots of ways to give your website that professional edge:
- A custom domain or web address. This lets customers know that they have reached your “official” site, and it also shows clients that you’re serious about your business.
- Stick with a clean, polished design, and use consistent brand colors if you have them.
- Make sure you keep your contact info up to date and respond quickly when people ask about your freelance services.
- Include your freelancer logo. You can add your own logo or get tips on how to create one that matches your brand.
Can I make a freelance website for free?
Whether you want to increase your revenue or pick up extra freelance jobs from home, you don’t need a lot of money to find jobs online.
It used to be expensive to hire a web designer or agency to create your site. Now you can set up your website for free, and be online in minutes! Just start with a free Jimdo plan that includes everything you need to get started. Plus, you won’t have to pay fees on freelance platforms.
When you’re ready for more features, you can upgrade to our affordable paid plans for just a few dollars a month. These include a custom domain for the first year, SEO tools to boost your search engine ranking, and fast, friendly support from our team of experts.
Will my website look great on mobile?
Yes, your website will automatically adjust to work perfectly on any device—whether that’s a laptop, a tablet, or a smartphone.
Mobile technology is revolutionizing the way clients look for freelancers, and how we find freelance work online. Most of us use mobiles to search for things like: “web designer in Chicago” or “freelance jobs near me.” That’s why our sites are all born ready for mobile—you can even edit your site straight from your phone.