If you’re a blogger, you know that the image you present to the outside world and what people see on your blog is super important.
Last month, we released new blog features to update the way you manage your posts. Today, we’re following up with even more tools to make blogging a breeze.
Check out our new added extras (and a summary of all the blog changes of the past few weeks at the end):
More options for tags
Your tagged posts are now in one place. Open your menu and go to Blog > Main > Tags. There you’ll see the new Tag Management View with a full overview of all the tags you’ve used. Now it’s easy to see how many blog posts you have under each tag for “recipes”... or “gym!” Then you can create, rename, and delete the tags for each post accordingly.
More control over your comments
You spoke—and we listened! We received feedback from our Support Team that you wanted more options for responding to comments on your blog posts. Now you can automatically integrate the Disqus commenting tool right into your website.
To use Disqus, you’ll first need to set up a free Disqus account before you connect it to your Jimdo website. Then you can choose your own 'Shortname.' Once you turn on the Disqus option in your Jimdo menu under Blog > Settings > General, it’s activated. Then add your Shortname created with Disqus to connect your Disqus account to your website.
What is Disqus?
Disqus is a specialized comment plug-in that’s perfect for people who want to host more active conversations on their blog. The core features are free to use, with the option to upgrade if you want more.
How does Disqus help?
If you get lots of comments on your blog posts and want to leave threaded responses, or if you’ve been having trouble with spam comments, Disqus is a great option. Once you connect your Disqus account/ID, you can manage comments from a Moderation Panel where you can “approve”, “delete” or mark comments as “spam.”
Turn on Comments and Share buttons automatically for all posts
Social media sharing buttons are the key to getting your content out there. Which is why we wanted to keep it simple and give you the option to turn share buttons on/off automatically for all posts. If you choose a particular style of share button e.g. black and white it will be applied to all your share buttons so they look uniform. These are all global settings and can only be turned on/off on an individual post level.
In the same place under Blog > Settings > General you will also find a global switch to turn comments on/off for all posts. When this is activated, visitors can comment on your all your blog posts. You can then activate or deactivate this setting for individual blog posts.
TL;DR: Our Latest Blog Updates
In case you missed the first part, here are the new blog features we’ve rolled out in the past few weeks!
- Custom URL ending. Customize the URL endings of your posts to get in those important keywords.
- Tag filtered blog page. Tags for your blog post are now clickable and take you to any posts where you’ve used the same tag.
- More options for tags. You’ll get a full overview of all the tags you’ve used for each post.
- Threaded comments with Disqus. Leave threaded responses on your blog and get involved in the conversation.
- Preview image and summary. Once you upload and set a custom post preview image and summary, this will then show up on your blog page (instead of using a default image taken from your post).
- Automatic comments and share buttons for all posts. Automatically activate the comments or share buttons for all your posts.
- Post management menu. You will now be able to quickly edit your blog post title and date in the Posts section.
- Automatic blog page. All your blog posts will be neatly displayed on your automatic blog page with an excerpt of your post and the preview image you selected.
We hope you like the new features! Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Like this article? You might also enjoy: